As markets all over the world continue to be unstable, gold remains as a top investment choice to fight against volatility. If you do decide to invest in gold coins, it is highly recommended to purchase the Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin and the American Eagle Gold Coin. What are these coins and why are they so valuable?
The Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin
Canada early on realized the value of minting gold coins and began production in 1979, introducing the Maple Leaf gold bullion coin. It was the very first 24K gold coin in modern times with a purity of 99.9% gold. In 1982, they were able to refine the coin further giving it a purity of 99.99%. While in 1998, they created another coin with an unprecedented purity of 99.999%. The 99.99% 1oz variety is the most popular Maple Leaf gold coin with around 40 million coins estimated to be in circulation, but you can also buy the purity in the 1/2oz, 1/4oz, 1/10oz, and 1/20oz varieties.
The American Eagle Gold Coin
These gold coins were released in 1986 with sizes of 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz, and 1/10oz and purities of 22K. Being mixed with tougher alloys, the coin withstands wear-and-tear much better than 24K coins. The United States officially holds the largest reserves of gold in the world and continues to be the largest economy in the world. These factors contribute to the desirability of the American Eagle Coin.
These two coins share characteristics which make them particularly lucrative investments for the following reasons:
- They contain gold purities of at least 22K – meaning there is more gold and less of the cheaper materials such as silver or copper. Some investors prefer pure 24K gold coins but its softness makes it more likely to be damaged.
- There is a high supply of it in the market – gold coins which are minted for collectors are more difficult to find a buyer for. If you are purchasing gold coins as an investment you want a gold coin which is often traded in the market.
- They are established coin brands – these coins carry the symbols of their countries on it. They are easily recognizable and have a legitimacy behind them which is backed by their respective governments.
- The demand is high – these coins are popular and always have buyers and sellers in the market.
- They are designed well – despite the fact that gold coins should only be as valuable as its gold content, people will still prefer to buy coins which look nice. It is something that people take into consideration.
When you are dealing with precious gold, don’t just trust any dealer to handle your investment. Make sure to pick a reputable dealer who will give you a fair price for your gold coins. If you are able to acquire these coins you can sell them at Cash for Gold Mailer. They an accredited organization that provides free appraisal so you know exactly how much you’re getting for your gold.